Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Christians, why do you hope to be true something that would condemn...

...some of your closest friends and family members to hell? For example, those who are married to a non-Christian, or have children, parents, siblings, or best friends that don't share your beliefs, how can you live with the thought of them all burning while you get to go to the good place?





This question is adapted from the quote by Charles Darwin, ';I can indeed hardly see how anyone ought to wish Christianity to be true; for if so the plain language of the text seems to show that the men who do not believe, and this would include my Father, Brother, and almost all my best friends, will be everlastingly punished. And this is a damnable doctrine.';Christians, why do you hope to be true something that would condemn...
This is a really rough question you pose. There are answers on both sides, obviously an atheist doesn't have to deal with this. I'm a christian, and have had a serious relationship with an atheist girl in the past. We were very close, so this is something I thought about a Lot.





It really shook my beliefs and tested me to the core, when you ask those really hard questions, like the one you're asking, you figure out what you really believe. Sometimes we have to accept that something uncomfortable is true. It is very important to ask questions though, of everything. I think this is where radical christians get their initiative. They hope, and want to save everyone they can from this fate.





Right now, I feel that Hell is more of an alternative to heaven than an eternal fire. Much of the bible states hell as an ';absence of god'; and that's what I believe it to be. I would love to hear some other opinions on this topic.





Peace,


Christians, why do you hope to be true something that would condemn...
In the original Judaic faith, it was WORKS not faith that was important (some Christian denominations also hold with this philosophy). That means that an atheist who helps his community and does good acts is more righteous than a believer who does nothing (or worse).





They also believe that repenting sins is not enough without actions of compensation. You cannot just apologize to god, you must face who you wronged, make your confession, and if possible do some sort of compensation for it.
I know what the Bible says it's true, and since GOD can't force any one to believe it would be that person's choice if they want to have eternal life with GOD or not.





Even though it is sad if someone you like or love doesn't want to believe, it is still their choice and you and GOD can't force them.





GOD is good.
We cannot change the fact that every human is a sinner and deserving of God's condemnation. The prospect of our friends and family who are not Christian going to hell is disturbing to say the least. This is why Christians must witness to others, so they can know that eternity in heaven is available to them as well, if they seek forgiveness through Jesus.


Not liking the prospects does not change the truth of God's justice or our sinfulness.
Each person has to work out their own salvation. I would hope that those I love will be meeting me in heaven, but if they don't then I will not know it. Heaven is a place of no pain or sorrows, therefore I could not miss those I knew on Earth that may not have made it to heaven.





I can't force those I love to believe...I can only save myself.








I plan to see heaven and my 17 month old son again. When he died in Sept...I knew Heaven had to be my ultimate destiny.





I can only hope that others make the same choice.
They have the Same abilities and Knowledge of the Truth as i do, and just like i was shown and gave the Truth so are All others on this earth and 'No exceptions';





Its up to each individual to decide where they will spend eternity .


And its up to us who do know the Truth to tell All others about it , thats called the Gospel or Good news. That Jesus Christ died and took you place in hell already and all you have to do to miss it is believe that very Fact and give your heart and life to Him.


And He will indeed abundantly pardon !!
I only managed halfway down before getting sick.
They like to think they're better than everyone.
I don't. Not all Christians even believe in a fiery eternal Hell.
it hard to think of it but all you can do is pray they will change
well its not a good feeling at all. and just becuase they are not christian doesnt mean they automatically go to hell. there are muslims there are JW and other religions. it just all depends on their level of faith and belief in God. when i was like 1 or 2 years old, my dad met an atheist. lets called him T. T is also married to an atheist. we were in another state and T helped my dad get a job and from there we moved to Louisiana from Indiana. if it werent for T we would not be here today. T has done COUNTLESS favors for us and my mom has been praying for them all this time. its really hard to imagine good people will be in torture forever. i use to not believe in Hell becuase of that! but my eye were recently opened and now i believe in it. but God doesnt send people to hell, they send themsevles. and i can't imagine how God feels everytime people fall in that pit of....torment.

No comments:

Post a Comment