Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true that “Mystics always hope that science will some day overtake them”?

quote by Booth Tarkington Is it true that “Mystics always hope that science will some day overtake them”?
I've never heard that before, but I understand it. Have have friends who are scientists of one stripe or another, and they believe in God. I'm aware, though, that many people sad to say see science as in opposition to faith.





My admiration for Mr. Tarkington notwithstanding, it's interesting that to me is that it is the atheist scientists and other empiricists who secretly -- or not so secretly -- harbor a hope that some day the ability to believe in God will overtake them. Is it true that “Mystics always hope that science will some day overtake them”?
It would seem to me that a true mystic would know that there does not have to be an inherent conflict between mysticism and science. I have been fortunate enough to have spend time in the presence of some people who seemed to have heightened awareness, and I suspect they would say that you don't have to make an ';either/or'; decision about these things; the cosmos is great enough to encompass both of them.
No, there is no question of overtaking because science itself will become Mystic while doing so.
No, you will find the best blend in life is to be a mystic that loves science.
Some of them, maybe, subconsciously.
~YES~
I doubt so, how else would they make a living scamming people?
I've never heard that one before..but it sounds about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment