Friday, February 12, 2010

My mother always told me that freezer frost was poisonous, is this true? I hope not because I LOVE it.?

Am I slowly killing myself by indulging in a handfull of freezer frost from time to time. With today's frost-free refrigerators and freezers, it is not as easy to find the freezer frost as it was ';back in the day.'; But there are a couple of places I can go to get it. I pray that it is harmless because I really do love to eat it, always have, since I was a young child and we did not have a frost-free freezer. I always assumed my Mother just didn't want me holding the freezer open (making more frost) and that is why she told me it was poisonous. But, I'd like to know definitively if what she said was true.My mother always told me that freezer frost was poisonous, is this true? I hope not because I LOVE it.?
No you arent slowly killing yourself if you dont get sick, but I think it is good to have 'clean' ice to eat. Can you make fresh ice cubes, then put them in a blender or ice crusher like snow cone ice? Sometimes in large ice machines there is a contaminant, so I would think the same applies to freezer frost. I try to empty my auto ice maker tray in my freezer once a month and begin fresh for that reason. But unless you have a compromised immune system you should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment