Friday, February 12, 2010

Is faith anything more than deciding to believe something you hope is true?

What?Is faith anything more than deciding to believe something you hope is true?
Faith is only as great as that which you have faith in.


Those who love and seek the truth receve a gift from God called faith.


Through faith comes revelation from God.


Through revelation a personal relationship with God.Is faith anything more than deciding to believe something you hope is true?
';Faith is believing what you know ain't so';.
No. Faith is believing in something without evidence.





Example: Joe has faith that the world will end in 2012. Do you think Joe hopes the world ends in 2012?





We need to think more critically.
That and the feeling that those specific thoughts give you.
Yes dear, faith is believing what you are told to believe without asking questions or looking for proofs.
That is exactly what faith is. You defined it so well.
Faith is the unquestioning belief in the preposterous.
Yes...faith is hearing the Word..and it is way way incredible...it is a gift from God. Believing in something because you think you are right, makes you wrong....Hoping and believing in the love of God because you know you are wrong and dirty and hopeless and powerless will lead you to truth of God. Jesus. Faith is a gift delivered to us from God when our own thoughts and faith fail us. God is faithful to those who will hear Him and our minds are renewed and we are given eyes to see and ears to hear and that is faith. Watch out for people who just think they are right because they are prideful.
Faith is trust, trust is only gained when previous encounters have proven someone to be reliable. My grandpa has never let me down so I have faith in him, I know I can trust him. My brother has let me down in many cases, so I do not have faith in him. One historian's word has proven to be valid, so I have more faith in whatever else they say. Another historian has fudged up details, so I have less faith in what they say. Faith is synonymous with trust.
Actually the word is really a verb, to faith. Belief is different than faith. I can believe a chair will support my weight, but I faith by performing an act of trust by applying my weight to it and allowing it to support me. Therefor unless belief is accompanied by action it is not faith.
Faith is access to definitive knowledge that cannot be accessed any other way. Lack of faith is truly ignorance, and sadly, ignorance of that which alone will have eternal consequences.
I don't think so. Sometimes, maybe, but not always. There are things about Catholicism that I may not always agree with, but I know in my heart that God is real, that Jesus Christ is real, that Mary is real, that heaven is real, etc. It's in my heart, I gravitate to it. That's something etched inside of a persons soul, faith.
Spot on. Or should that be smokin'
I couldn't have said it better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment