Friday, February 12, 2010

I have read that approximately one third of ulcerative colitis cases turn cancerous.If true,what hope is there?

This genuinely worries me.I have u/c and have had it for several years. There is also a history of this, colorectal cancer and diverticulitis within my immediate family.My aunt died of colorectal cancer,my mother suffered horribly with diverticulitis all her days and more so in her latter days, eventually resulting in major surgery meaning that she ended up with a colostomy and still had the bloody disease to deal with!I'm sure that it shortened her life (she died aged sixty nine).Please advise.Thank you.I have read that approximately one third of ulcerative colitis cases turn cancerous.If true,what hope is there?
I have not read or heard ulcerative colitis increases the risk of cancer, but that doesn't mean it isn't so. Because you have a family history of cancer and diverticulitis you and your siblings (if any) are predisposed. It is hereditary! Please see your doctor to have him arrange a colonoscopy for you. Regular screenings can save your life! I have read that approximately one third of ulcerative colitis cases turn cancerous.If true,what hope is there?
If 1/3 turn into cancer, you have the other 2/3 that won't. THAT's hope!


There are new cures every day. I'm sorry about your aunt and your mom. You know your family history, so you are already ahead of the game. Be tested. Take care of yourself.
http://gettinginfo.commodore.at


you can get much information in this website, If you will check anyone blue link in website.

No comments:

Post a Comment